Monday, September 9, 2013

Short Story A wild experience.

One saturday my father and I went to ride ATV's as every other weekend. I lived in that time in Costa Rica. We always started in the morning. We waked up at 6 to be all set at 8 maximum with the equipment. In that ride we went with some friends of my father. In the begging of the trip one guy got behind because his ATV would not be enough for the trip. He had to stay there for to many hours. The problem was that the mud was so dense that some ATV's got stocked. We had to use our strengths to pull them out of the mud. We continued the trip without one man. Then the road got so complicated that another friends of my father had to stay. There were two guys that stayed behind. It was really amazing how a road can get of complex. In other words it was not a road. After we left these two guys my father, a friend, and I went ahead some Km ahead of the other. The most complicated part of our trip was about to start from that point. The problem started when we had to pass a part where it was a ramp is had a big slope so it had to be passed with extreme precaution. My father passed the first ATV. Then my father advised our fried that he passed the ATV to avoid any accident. This friend said no and he tried to pass it. In the moment he got to the last part that was the most difficult he flipped and got his armed dislocated. Then the problems started. My father told me to get ahead of him with our injured guy to get out of that extreme and dangerous place because it was getting late and dark. We split and the injured guy and me went ahead of everyone. My dad stayed to wait for the other to regroup and the to advanced. The night fell and we got alone for a lot of hours until I heard someone shouting my name that resulted to be my father. That was one of the most happiest moments of my life. I had to be strong because the injured guy could not think because of the pain he was suffering. We stayed in the forest in a group until the sunrise. It was very dark and dangerous to advance with the forest. In the morning the first guy who got behind go to us. He seemed very tired. He walked the most of all of us. Oh!, for this i called my mom when I got ahead because my father lend me his cellphone. She got really worried and called red cross. They tried to get to us but it was so difficult to get to the part that we were that they waited for the sunrise. After the last guy got to us we advance like 10 km for two hours until we got to a river where we had to drink water and rest. From that part the end was close, a small town we ahead of us. Some men aborted the mission and stayed in a part of the road. Only my father and another friend with me went to the town were the red cross and my mom were waiting. We got finally there and we celebrated and talked to the red cross so they could get the others there. Everyone got finally to the town alive and the injured guy got to an ambulance so they could take him to the hospital. It was an interesting experience that marked my life. In those experiences you see of what you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment